PERTH KINNOULL ROTARY CHARITY LOTTERY CALENDAR
CLOSING DATE 20 MAY 2018
PERTH Kinnoull Rotary Club is once again running a Photo Competition to find the best photos for its annual Charity Lottery Calendar.
The topic this year is “Places in Perthshire” and the Rotary Club is looking for striking photographs illustrating the many and varied townscapes and landscapes in the county in all seasons of the year.
Those whose photographs are selected for inclusion in the 2019 Calendar will receive full credit for their pictures, a complimentary copy of the calendar and an entry into the Lottery Draw.
The calendar will be produced A4 landscape and the winning photos will be reproduced in that format with adjustment to allow normal borders and a brief description of the subject matter and name of the photographer. The images must be capable of being reproduced to a high quality at that size (recommended minimum size approx. 2560x 1920 pixels).
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges after the closing date on 20 May 2018.
How to enter the competition
Entries (no more than 4 per entrant) must :-
- be submitted by email to email@example.com
- include the entrant’s name, address and telephone number and, if under 16 on 20 May 2018, their date of birth. Personal details will be used only for purposes of administering the competition.
- include a brief description of the photo, including the date and location and, if you wish, a title.
Rules for Rotary Club of Perth Kinnoull 2019 Calendar Photographic Competition
1. The competition is open to all with the exception of members of Perth Kinnoull Rotary Club and their immediate relatives. Entrants under 16 years old as at 20 May 2018 will be deemed to have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter and confirmation of this will be obtained before award of the prizes and publication of the photos. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these rules. It is a condition of entry that these rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by them. In the case of entrants under the age of 16, the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules. The winning entries will be those judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these rules.
3. Entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight on 20 May 2018. The calendar will be produced A4 landscape and the winning photos will be reproduced in that format with adjustment to allow normal borders and a brief description of the subject matter and the name of the photographer. The images therefore must be capable of being produced to a high quality at that size (recommended minimum size approx 2560 x 1920 pixels). Entrants must include their name, address and telephone number and, if under 16 a note of their date of birth, as well as a brief description of the photo to include the the date and location of the photo and if wished a title. Personal details will be used only for purposes of administering the competition.
4. Entries must be received by 20 May 2018.
5. All photos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photos they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Entrants will retain the copyright in the photos they submit for this competition. However, by entering the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Perth Kinnoull Rotary Club to feature any or all of the submitted images in The Perth Kinnoull Rotary Club Charity Lottery Calendar 2019, their publications including their website and social networking site and those of the wider Rotary organisation and in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Each entrant may submit up to four photos. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winners will be notified within twenty-one days of the closing date of the competition.
9. The winners may be requested to take part in publicity.
10. Perth Kinnoull Rotary Club reserves the right, at their absolute discretion, to vary or amend the rules or cancel the competition if deemed necessary in the event of circumstances that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond their control, and no liability shall attach to Perth Kinnoull Rotary Club as a result.